Monday, April 4, 2011

Baby Quilt #4

My sister is expecting a little boy mid June. I have been making him all kinds of crap... I mean really great stuff that no baby or mom could do without! This is his quilt. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. This is the reason not to ask my husband what he thinks of any given project. Mine looks at this and says something like, "Wow... it looks like you spent a lot of time on that." Um What?!? How about "look how awesome the fabrics coordinate? Or "what a lucky little boy to have an aunt as cool as you?" Nope. He thinks it's "too busy" with "too many colors" and something about "That will look great in Jennie's house". I should take my own advice and just stop showing him stuff! Oh well. I DO love it and think it turned out awesome! It is the Toad in the Puddle pattern in some kind of Moda collection (the guy at the quilt store picked it out. Always trust the man who works at a quilt store... Always! ;) )
Top


And backing... (out of cheapness I used what fabric I had left but really love the pieced back)

No comments:

Post a Comment