Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Dress reconstruction #21

This dress was the unfortunate victim of Baby dropping an oil lamp in the hamper. I was able to get the dress looking clean, but the oil made the screen print curl up funny. I was going to toss it, but then decided I had nothing to lose if I tried to make a new skirt for it. I also somewhat recently bought that ruffle maker, and I am looking for any excuse to use it. I had some random denim laying around so I constructed a skirt and ruffles out of it. I am not sure about the end result. The skirt part is a little bit heavy, and I think that maybe it needs a flower or something either on the waist band or up top. We will see. The only thing further to expect for sure is that I made the ruffles with raw edges so they will fray when I wash it. Maybe it will be re-purposed again, maybe not. Too soon to tell.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment